OrganisedWell (OW) provides a discreet service and protecting your privacy is important us. That’s why we subscribe to the Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers (APDO) code of conduct and are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We are always careful with the information that you share with us and are also working hard to meet new obligations under the General data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This policy may change from time to time as we make improvements to our practices so please do visit this page to keep yourself up to date.
In this policy we tell you about the information that we manage about you and your rights in relation to that information. This policy applies where we are responsible for controlling and processing the personal data you provide via our website, via interactions on social media services or whilst you are engaged with us in regarding our services.
Who are we?
What information do we need and why?
We hold and process some information about you in order to perform the contract between us (whether written or verbal) and, in some cases, because you’ve given your consent. We use this information to communicate with you about, and provide, our services, we may need to provide follow up information, keep in touch with you about related items that may interest you, to operate our business and to comply with relevant legislation.
Below is a summary of the type of information, reason and length of time that we will store your information. Where we refer to *current client, we mean the period from when you make an enquiry about our service, through the duration of our work together, and for a period following completion of our work when we might continue to communicate, for example to gain your feedback, follow-up discussions, regarding payment, queries, etc.
Underneath the table, you will find details of the organisations that are involved in helping us to manage your information.
How we manage information about you:
- Written notes and paper copies of signed T&Cs will be scanned and stored securely in order to deliver OW services and comply with legal and taxation requirements. Any relevant information (such as consents, email address etc) will be transferred to client log and a scan/photo of the signed paper documents will be stored along with photos in an encrypted folder. Original paper documents are shredded once logged and copied
- Back-ups of client information are taken on a regular basis and stored on an encrypted folder on a stand alone storage device
- OW takes all reasonable efforts to secure client information including using password protection, 2-step authentication and encryption on devices where available
- Your information will only be disclosed to third parties with your agreement below (e.g. testimonials or photos) or where required
- We don’t make any automated decisions based on personal data
Information about you from third parties:
- If you choose to contact OW via social media or social media messenger services (such as Facebook messenger or WhatsApp), your profile, email, phone number and any other personal details provided by you to that organisation may be shared with OW. Where this occurs, OW will understand that you have given your consent to this information being shared with OW but we will only store the details listed above
- In the event that you make a payment via PayPal or Eventbrite, OW receives receipts detailing your name, email address and transaction details
- Excepting those sources described in this policy, we do not buy or obtain personal information about individuals via any other third parties
Comments, testimonials and reviews:
- Where you provide testimonials directly to OW, these will be stored in the system via which you provided them (e.g. UK Web.Solutions Direct email system if emailed, Facebook Messenger if sent via this system, etc) and shared via the OW website, other media including social media and print. You may specify whether these are shared with or without your name
- If you wish to control or delete cookies, you can find more information about cookies and how to control them at www.aboutcookies.org.
- You can request to see the information that OW holds about you
- You can also request that we remove some of your details from our records or ask us to stop processing some of your information however some data will be required to enable us to operate and meet our obligations so in certain circumstances we may not be able to meet all of your request. We will tell you of this is the case
- You can withdraw your consent for the items detailed in the table above at any time but you will no longer receive communications or details of offers from OW
- You can request copies of the data we hold about you
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request(s)
- If you are unhappy with the way we manage your data please contact us and we will do our very best to resolve the issue for you. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office in the U.K.
Changes to this Policy:
This policy was published 13/12/2018