Is it time to declutter your towels?
Your linen cupboard is overflowing with excess.
You can’t find a set when you need to replace them. You waste time whenever you try to find a towel because the excess fall out and needs to be refolded.
Are you keeping much more than you need and filling the space (you could use for bedlinen or other useful things) and your time with the excess?
Why don’t you declutter your towels?
They could be useful!
Have you experienced this?
You buy a new set intending to replace the old ones, but then end up keeping the old set too!
- you might use them in the shed for mucky jobs (though you can’t remember when you last did!): or
- in case friend’s children come over to play in the paddling pool in the summer (though they would more than likely bring their own): or perhaps
- you can keep them to dry off for pets on rainy days (although you have two or three already); or
- you might need towels for something one day
And of course you don’t want them to go to waste.
The problem is, you are keeping far more towels than you really need, they are taking up space in your home and are going to waste – in your cupboards!
Release them, to go on to another life, and free your home of the weight of these things that are no longer useful for you!
Decluttering your Towels will help you create space and save you time!
In this short video, I share:
- a formula you can use to decide how many you need for your household
- an example
- and discuss how to dispose of those towels you want to release
How to work out the number of towels you need to keep.
If you are struggling to decide what to keep and what should be released, there is a formula that will help you to decide what you really need:
- 1 hand towel for each person in the household (if they use them);
- + 1 bath towel for each person;
- + hand towels needed for each extra bathroom/cloakroom (if you these)
- x 2 to allow for one set to be in the wash cycle while one set is being used
- Add the number of guest towels you want to keep for when you have visitors
If you need some help with finding organisations to take your towels and other items you declutter, take a look at my FAQ pages.
And if you would like to try my Declutter Challenge to tackle this and other decluttering tasks all over your home download your free copy below.
Would You Like More Support?
And if you would like more help from me to support your decluttering project, my Organising Sessions are perfect for keeping you accountable, helping you to plan and make progress as you work through your home.
Contact Laura on +44 (0)7970 989955